Sunday, July 4, 2010

Belvedere


So these are the beautiful grounds at Belvedere. The Vienna skyline in the back that rises above lower Belvedere is stunning. You can see St. Stephens, hills rising in the background, and rows and rows of winding apartment buildings. Pictures really can't do it justice. Oh--and the grounds are so manicured. The plants are all done in spirals or some other Belvedere design.

I love early Austrian art. My favorite painting is a tie between "Corpus Christi Morning" and "The Nacshtmarkt." It showed an old Viena and made me lok at the city differently. I'm really not a fan of Klimt, although I do like some of his paintings. We saw "The Kiss" in person, though, and I will never get sick of seeing that picture no mater how over-advertised it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment