Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day two: When in Rome



Where do I start with Rome?!? It was exactly like I pictured with ruins everywhere. It was hot, too,......VERY hot. We saw the San Pietro inside and out (tombs, inside, cupola) and it really takes your breath away between the mosaics everywhere and the view of Rome above.

My absolute favorite thing was seeing the Sistine Chapel! I walked in and the paintings were overwhelming. They are really all over the room; although, the room is more like an auditorium than a chapel. I could have sat for hours just staring at the ceiling. Apparently the Japanese or Chinese own the Sistine Chapel. Who knew!?

After a hot day of seeing the major sites of Rome, we got a hot dog and cooled off on the beach. Splashing in the waves and drawing in the sand as the sun set was really special. We cleaned up and went to see the Colosseum at night, which is even cooler at night than in the day.











No comments:

Post a Comment