Sunday, May 23, 2010

Schonbrunn Palace

Friday (May 21) a group of us went to tour 44 rooms of the legendary Schonbrunn. The rooms are incredibly ornate! Gold paneling, wood paneling, painting, expensive embroidered tapestries--all of it was in every room.
Some of the girls. All of us wished we could pull up in a carriage wearing huge ball gowns to walk down the courtyard steps in.
The "lawn" in the back was split in half by this creation. If only I were as royal as the Hapsburg family and could have a duck pond and fountain like this in my backyard.
From the top of the grounds behind Schonbrunn there's an amazing view of Vienna. I hadn't realized how huge Vienna really is until I stood on top of the hill. In front of me sprawled only part of this gigantic city--probably only half. Yet again, it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment