Sunday, May 9, 2010

Church



The Vienna English-speaking ward meets at 1:30 in District 2. For Mika (my roommate) and me that means a couple stops on the U2 and then a couple stops on bus 80A. Pretty exciting process to get to church :) The ward is really diverse; although, maybe I just think that coming from a stereotypical BYU singles ward. Anyway, the ward in Vienna has an Australian Bishop, lots of Asians, Philipinos, and African Americans. The chapel leaves the side doors open during sacrament meeting (I don't think anyplace here, besides the museums, has air conditioning). I had to keep reminding myself during the three hours of church that I was with people who spoke English and I didn't have to be panicking and trying to think of something to mutter off in German.

Oh, and when the primary kids came in to sing to the moms in Relief Society I noticed a little girl on the end who had a cochlear implant!!! Turns out she just comes sometimes with her little brother (they like primary) because her family is inactive and so I couldn't talk to anyone about her implant, but it was still really neat to see!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin! What on earth happened to your leg? I do not remember reading anything about it on your blog. By the way, I have loved looking at all your pictures, I'm glad you're having such an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Kristin, if they're living in Austria, that wouldn't make them African American. Also, I believe you know my old friend Lloyd Stiles. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete