Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm going to Neuschwanstein

I bought my first train ticket last night!! Me, Breanna, and Chip leave for Fussen, Germany tonight at 11:55. It's a night train that connects to Fussen through Munich. Tomorrow is a holiday and so we have an extra long weekend. Southern Germany should be beautiful by the Alps and I am so excited to see all of the famous crazy Ludwig castles. Unfortunately, there is a giant cloud sitting over Europe right now which means rain, clouds, and cool temperatures. This weekend trip also means that I will have even less internet than usual (my computer broke the week before I left, did I mention that?). Don't worry, I'm okay, just lost in the Alps! :)

My boot came off today!!! So far it feels okay.

Have I mentioned how much everyone smokes in Europe? At least every other person who walks by lights up. We're all convinced that we'll come home with lung cancer from all of the secondhand smoke we're inhaling.

I'm getting really good at the European attitude of showing no emotion. Normally I would feel bad, but I can't even understand what people who call out are saying and so I just walk by like an arrogant American and don't even notice. I definitely should have brought only neutral and dull colored clothes in order to blend in. Whenever I wear a bright shirt or sweater I feel like a neon lightbulb against a sea of grey grey grey. All I'm missing is a label on my forehead that says "if you didn't notice, I'm an American."

1 comment:

  1. By the end of the trip, you get pretty used to being an emotionless person. And then you come back to America and wonder what everyone's deal is.

    Also, I'm pretty positive I second-hand smoked an entire pack while I lived there.

    ReplyDelete