Sunday, June 6, 2010

Early one morning...



About a week and a half ago I woke up, strolled out to breakfast, sat down in my chair, moved to scoot in to the breakfast table and CRACK! Next thing I knew I was on the ground and a splintered chair leg was next to me. Why do things like this always happen to me?!? Kate helped me write a note to Frau in German (since I had to go to school) explaining my accident.

Basically, Mika and I didn't see Frau for a couple of days. I think we were avoiding each other. When I finally saw her a couple of days later the conversation went something like this:

me: "Gutentag! um...der Stuhl?"
Frau: grumble. rant and rage in German.
Translation: Americans should stop moving around so much when they sit down. The chair that I broke was part of the dining room set she got when she was married 60 years ago!!!!!!

I was sick to my stomach and just wanted to cry. Since then, I helped Frau carry the chair to the 'Tischler' (carpenter) and I think we're on better terms. I really hope he can fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment